Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu is now on Spotify
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2017, 02:55 PM
As if.. Initiate

I used to collect CDs especially in the early 2000's when my Jpop craze was at a high point and would purchase both the CD and CD+DVD edition of singles and albums As I've gotten older though I realize that I wouldn't even touch the CDs that are displayed on a bookcase anymore after I ripped them on my computer. I was basically just throwing money away collecting CDs that were gathering dust which is why I turned to streaming. I always just use my phone to listen to music now anyways. I get a bluetooth speaker and I'm good to go. Same goes for my car so I just don't have any need to buy albums anymore I don't think that takes away the "experience". I never just sit down and look through the booklet while listening to an album anyways so that doesn't relate to me. And that goes for all media really. Video games, music, books, movies etc. I've strictly gone digital. At the end of the day, we're all going to die and it's all materialistic things that isn't coming to the grave with us :\ (sorry to make it morbid at the end lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
For example, I think someone who only streams an artist's music when they can easily buy the CD/vinyl shows a lack of passion for the artist since they don't even think their album is worth paying money for or owning. But this doesn't mean they don't qualify as a fan.
Nothing against you at all, but I have a problem with you suggesting that it's "easy to buy" :\ Some people don't have the extra money to buy the CD. Some people live in shoebox size apartments where every space counts. I don't think it's fair to suggest that these people don't "value" an artists work just because they're not physically purchasing it.

Last edited by indigochild; 15th January 2017 at 03:03 PM.