Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TA LIMITED LIVE TOUR 2016 ~II~
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2016, 01:51 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
I would suggest her stop singing M with her current voice. When she sings "Maria" sounds very strange with her current voice.
When she sang M during TA tour last year (it didn't make the final cut) it was really, really good. She sang it lower, and in a more rock-y version, kind of similar to PoM. She did not sound strained at all. I may have enjoyed that performance more than when I saw her at CDL 04-05 and she sang it.

The only songs she sounded strained in to me were Heartplace (slightly) and cutesy songs like Summer Diary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Do you feel differently about the Island Mix of It Was? Honestly it's soooo good. It changes the feel of the song completely, and really highlights the melancholic vibe of the lyrics (as well as her vocal quality and tone).
I honestly haven't listened to this in forever, so I had to just go listen again. It's not bad (none of the songs I mentioned are), it's just...completely forgettable. I can see what you're saying, but I think it doesn't quite appeal to my sense of melancholy. Obviously ever free is like her most perfect example ever. But I think she captured melancholy best around Duty...Scar, and even to a lesser extent, Key, really capture melancholy for me (yes, even though Key is a pseudo-happy song).

Despite the fact that there are a LOT of songs that I like from each of them, (mis)understood and Secret feel very over-produced, and such a moment-in-time for me.