Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
Thread: [News] 2020 FNS Kayousai Natsu
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikku1994 View Post
I kept seeing comments about not having enough passion like wasn’t this a pre recorded footage with no audience though? It’ll be weird if she’s gonna act as if there’s an audience there as there is no audience to interact with. I’m just annoyed with the outfit, she looks thick on tv but when u see bts pics of her wearing it she looks slim.
Personally, with "no passion" I did not mean that she should pretend to interact with an audience that clearly isn't there. I simply did not feel that she herself enjoyed singing at all. But to be honest that isn't just a recent problem but one for probably half of her career or even more. Her very first, mostly cringy performances aside, there was a short time I felt that she was singing (emphasis on singing) because the song was important to her and she was mainly singing for herself. At some point she started to perform for an audience rather than to sing. This gave us some great concerts, which had a great balance between performance and an actual concert, but overall it's hard for me to enjoy her TV performances and some of her more recent shows, too. Natsu no Trouble had the same problem for me. I simply do not feel she likes to sing and is only there to perform, which seems to bore her when she prerecords a performance. That's the impression I have.