Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A LIMITED EDITION setlists, photos, and etc. [IV]
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 11:36 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydeki View Post
^Well I don't see why do people have to stop talking about it, everyone has their right to express their opěnion. The matter is not there are no consequence, the matter is the lack of respect towards the audience and people who were watching it online, and furthermore, to ayu and the crew who did their best in the performance.

Maybe people do find it funny or whatever, but I definitely don't.
But if you think that, then you are being very ethnocentric. As I already stated, using your middle finger in Japan has no negative connotation to it. All cultures are different. I teach at elementary school in Tokyo and have seen kids gesture with their middle fingers that could be construed in America as flipping someone the bird, but do the teachers here get upset about it? No of course not because it is not something derogatory in the culture of Japan - they may as well be using their index finger.

I once did a 'thumbs down' sign in class and the students practically lost their minds. "Ohhh you can't do that! That's very bad!!" - in Japan a thumbs down means basically to tell someone to die. If Shu-ya had done that in the concert, then you would see a controversy.

I guess all the people in Japan should stop flashing inward facing peace signs in photos because that could be considered offensive in England. :roll eyes

For a board that is dedicated to the music of a foreign country, there are sure some closed minded people about cultural differences on this board....

Edit: And now I realize that this subject got squashed about a page back.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 27th October 2011 at 11:55 AM.