Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3
View Single Post
Old 7th March 2019, 09:32 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
If the people who made the logo aren't bothered by that, I don't really see the problem. They agreed the logo to be used in whatever terms both parties agreed. In that sense, this IS drama as something that was set peacefully among the interestes ones ir beint blown out of the water by other people who has no business on it.
You may not see a problem, but I disagree. The artist might be perfectly happy with how things are (I certainly hope she is), but it's still fair for us on the outside to criticize avex's handling of things and say that we think she deserved more (credit and money) than she seems to have gotten. Again, I don't think it's "drama" (or that anything has been blown out of proportion) to discuss and criticize avex's handling of the contest, but you're free to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
Honestly without official credit that's hard to do.
If Ayu's team was smart they let the fan sign a contract that she's giving up all her rights to her own creation, cause they gonna use it for making money.
But they probably just count on exactly what you described - that she is proud they took her design and contributed to Ayu's career and therefor won't pursue anything.
An actual graphic designer probably wouldn't be so easy to handle, but of course we don't know how it exactly went behind closed doors.
But that's another point, setting up an competition without any rules or legal framework people can look up.
Legally it's not secure, for both sides. Just hope they did it afterwards.

But even without thinking about all that - it's mandatory and professional to credit or simply also polite to do that.
No matter if the creator cares about it or not.
Yes! It's a matter of respect and professional conduct. Not giving proper credit looks unprofessional.