Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [romaji & translation] Lady Dynamite
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2010, 05:42 PM
Depend on you Initiate

^
^
hm, I get interested in the last part of the lyrics again.
May I be picky? hehe

Here's what I see in the CD booklet:
Quote:
悪いけど道あけてくれる?
アタシ達そこ通りたいの
行き先がもしも一緒でも
初めましてよ 坊や達♡
And masa-san's current translation is as follows:
Quote:
Sorry, but clear the way please
We want to go through there
Even if our destinations are the same
Say to us, "How do you do ?", boys
(1) I miss the heart mark (♡) which is in the official lyrics. I'm sure most of internet users can see it properly and I don't see any reason why we don't have it in the translated line.

(2) I also miss the question mark (?). I suggested adding it in my #15 post and I know masa-san chose not to add it, but I'd like to bring it up again.

(3) Is the first comma (,) in the last line of the translation needed?

(4) I like the idea of adding "Say to us" (or me) as I suggested in my #64 post. My little concern is that, if "us" is used in the last line, "our" in the third line and this "us" might be confusing. (haha, maybe i'm the only guy who cares such things?)

So, if I suggest a few changes based on masa-san's translation, they would be like this:
Quote:
Sorry, but clear the way please?
We want to go through there
Even if your destination is the same as ours
Say to us "How do you do ?", boys♡
As for the interpretation, now I think masa-san likes simple interpretations and simple explanations.

To maikaru-san,

Because there's "でも" (= though, even if, but, etc), it's natural to interpret that something unexpected follows "行き先がもしも一緒" (= in the case your destination is the same as ours).
Simply speaking, my interpretation on the last line is that she asks (the) boys not to get too familiar with her and she says it without losing humor. I hope the last line of the translation conveys such nuance, doesn't it?