Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2021, 02:52 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPL View Post
I’m so curious what the kimono video is about though! Can’t imagine that’s for Pray for you ... but still anything can happen
this kimono concept looks way too gorgeous for something that sounds as bland as Pray for you, but seeing as it's probably the only new song we get, it's probably true. man, this is like the M(A)DE IN JAPAN look people were expecting with FLOWER, but didn't get

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpopfan018 View Post
Lovely album cover. The "twin" ayu in A BALLADS are the "past" and "present" ayu. We knew that ayu has come to terms with her past hence the "past" ayu disappeared (RAINBOW music video). A BALLADS 2 has the "present" ayu from A BALLADS so hopefully we get to learn more about the message conveyed in pray for you music video.
I thought about this, and it kind of 'makes sense'. she expressed some struggle with forgiving her past self with A BALLADS, but after 18 years she must have thought differently by now. if this cover were to express something (and I understand that not every release must have a backstory), then it could be the fact that she's not as concerned about what people think of her 'self'. I don't know. plus, there are still more covers yet to be released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim' View Post
Remember how TROUBLE was such a huge let-down back in 2018 (advertised as an album, 5 "single quality" songs over 2 years of wait) ?
And yet people are still in denial, expecting that visionary-ayu to come back 3 years later just to get disappointed again...
I'm still so bitter at this! songs that conveyed her thoughts over two years—but somehow only five! and I had to scoff at "single quality" (really? æternal? The way I am???) because I doubt she even knew what it still meant because she hadn't released a proper single since 2014 at that time