Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - why "Maria"?
Thread: why "Maria"?
View Single Post
Old 20th November 2005, 09:33 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

^Mary Magdalene is way too specific for ayu to know about. A lot of people hardly know who she is. As far as I know catholicism is the religion that pray for saints, I don't think other christian religions pray for saints (might be wrong though). Most of these people pray for Virgin Mary, I'm actually yet to see someone praying for Mary Magdalene, because I've never seem that (I live in the country with the largest ammount of chatolic population in the world). And honestly, if there ate people who pray for Mary Magdalene, they must be a very restricted group compared to the ones who pray for Virgin Mary. Delirium that story you told is long and complex, do you really think ayu knows all that? We are not even sure about what her religion is, much less that she will know about controversial stories of christian religion. I honestly don't think so. I think it was much simpler, she just picked a very well known religious icon and put it in the song to make it sound like a prayer, and it is undeniable that there are far more people who knows who Virgin Mary was than Mary Magdalene, specially those who hardly knows anything about christian religion.

Plus, a lot of japasnese artists have songs for Virgin Mary (i.e LUNA SEA)

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 20th November 2005 at 03:01 PM.