Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Feel the love / Merry-go-round Single~
View Single Post
Old 7th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
I'd love to see how she'd do with promo too, but I'm afraid that too much promo going on would have the opposite effect. Given that she is currently "hated" in Japan, or rather, that she has a bad reputation, maybe seeing her all over the place would reinforce the negative feelings about her. It's not that people simply forgot about her and they have to be reminded: they do remember her too well and chose to hate her for the moment being XD if you see the various comments on every news regarding her they know practically everything about her, even the position of her latest album/single or their figures. I guess that because the trend has become to bash her nowadays, everyone follows this trend without really knowing the reason: basically "namie is trendy, let's love her!!" "ayu is old stuff, let's hate her" XD they'd justify everything wrong namie (but also many popular artists) do and praise very highly their successes, but still bash ayu even when she does nothing wrong and playing indifferent when she achieves something. Idk if I explained myself well..
This is SO true!
Actually, it's pretty flattering for Ayu. I'm not even mad or anything, 'cause she's always on everybody's mouth and she's the yardstick for everything and everyone. Not everyone can drop in sales with the legend status like her.
Anyway, I'm happy the second week was fine enough. This single seems steady.

Hello new me...