Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki MUSIC for LIFE ~return~
View Single Post
Old 7th July 2021, 09:19 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Spoiler:
Obviously they could use vocals from another date to match the footage of the first show, but I really doubt it was lipsynched this time — not entirely, at least. When she falls down to the ground during the last part of (miss), her voice even fails and we can her they raised up choir vocals to cover it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.X. View Post
Spoiler:
I just rewatch the concert and for me (miss)understood is live OR it sounds live to me and it's the most important thing; But I'm pretty sur Return road & Haru yo koi are lypsynched because it sounds reaalllly clean and Voyage after sounds more natural with more breath, vibrato, and some off-key moment. Talking about Haru yo koi, if it was lypsynced this is extremely well done.
Spoiler:
while I admit that lip-syncing is not off the table, I do think that she didn't do it this time for reasons that summerain has explained. I was convinced of this since the beginning—her voice shook and went off key at the first few lines of 23rd Monster.

as for some songs that sound too clean, I think she just nailed it the Dreamed a Dream performance from a-nation 2020 also sounds like this to me. it has almost no vocal slip-up. since then I was just convinced that ayu is just a dependably capable vocalist when her voice is not overworked.

of course the alternative is that, like summerain said, they patch together the vocals from all three shows to assemble the best sounding performance