Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Bilibili Macro Link 2021
View Single Post
Old 21st July 2021, 04:54 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
It strikes me as very weird that you keep insisting on this. I’ve seen ayu live 11 times so far and she has never needed so much fixing. There were always particular songs where you knew she would scream or go off key, but that was it. Sometimes she sounds better and there are times she struggles, sometimes she is doing great.
It also strikes me as very weird that you keep on misreading my posts and just drift from what I said and explained several times.
That is to say : editing can easily fix offkey parts.
I'm just basing my thought on every unedited live broadcasts I saw and compared them straight to their final release. That is my point and nothing else.
I've never debated the fact that she goes offkey a lot or sounds horrible most of the time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
If she sounds too bad, there's just so much that can be done without it sounding robotic. If the recorded live was way too bad, something that did happen to her in the past, and the recorded release sounded decent and not robotic, they most likely got the audio, or parts of it, from another date.

If she has less dates to take audio from, it's harder to get good takes. She could just record the song on studio and use that to fix a really bad vocal aswell, but it will depend on how far she is willing to go for a less flawed result on the recorded release.
You may be right but to be honest I think it would be much more work having to pick up audio parts of other shows and mixing them together or rerecord, and trying to match the video (this part in itself is quite tricky)... I believe audio editing is way more "easier" and way more efficient than that. Especially as time goes on.
I think I could also easily tell that the corrected audio parts I compared back then were also pretty much the same as the original offkey ones. Not like they took it from another date or else. You could hear the same fluctuations, the same tone, accents, breaths or voice quality. Like even if it's the same song performed by the same artist in the same setup, some things are constantly changing and unique.