Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's social networks - Discussion #39
View Single Post
Old 12th February 2016, 11:32 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
Yeah to me Party Queen was well thought and had a good flow !! She makes a lot of experimentation especially with the electro and jazzy segment ! What really bother me in this album is her voice it's like she was sick the day of the recording ... This album with the voice she has now I would have almost nothing to say about it !
Let's be honest a lot of people have a biased opinion because of the trashy covers !! Her fandom decreased so suddenly after that !She should have keep the original concept !
It had no flow, though lol. The first three songs are upbeat and then we go to some basic pop rock, then after some showtunes/jazz (I liked the jazz, it was fun) it ends in a ballad. Her voice is really poor in this album, and I'd probably like it alot more if her current voice was on the tracks.

The problem that I have with the concept is that it felt a bit lacking in execution. The tabloid concept would have been cool, but then it's only used on the cover. We're meant to attach the meaning of the title song to the photos but it feels hollow. Don't even get me started on the twitter mess with "drunk" Timmy over the "totally obvious" meaning... that still feels messy as fuck.
On my end, I think that people who like this album know the concept after it was fed to them and THEN can see the story. Lyrically the album is very solid, but asthetically it fell so short. I don't "see" a theme, but a random photoshoot and ugly leopard print