Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Koda Kumi] The 91st Official Koda Kumi Thread
View Single Post
Old 31st August 2009, 06:17 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
Not in Japan lol Maybe Namie...but no one was thinking about her then.

Remember that Japanese people really love American music.

Anyway, these are all the reasons why I really respect Kuu as a person.

@Edge: What other choice does she have? Her stuff still isn't selling as well as I'm sure they'd like. She at least gets to have some fun and diversity in her music now. Not all of the songs she comes out with are Juicy's or BUT's.

I think for her, making the "sexy" music is just part of the job. Like Ayu says, sometimes she wants to make music, and sometimes she has to make music because it's her job. I honestly think Koda's just happy to be here and performing.

And besides...I think she can manipulate it so she can have fun with it.
Just because they weren't one of the big three (Ayu, Namie, and Kuu) doesn't mean nobody else was doing it.
cutieismylife is saying they went with the sexy image for Koda because it was "popular" and in the same post he goes on to say that she became successful because it was "unique and different"
If it was so popular at the time, there's bound to be other artists who were trying it out as well. Of course, they didn't reach the same degree of success that Koda did.
All I'm saying is that Koda has never been successful or popular because she's unique. It was because she took her top off and had a big label backing her.
If she didn't do either of those things, she would be nowhere right now, much like the other artists who tried the same thing but fell into obscurity because they didn't have a big label to pull all of the publicity stunts and tricks for some extra attention and sales.