Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu at 2018 FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri July 25th
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 04:05 AM
LIMIT Initiate

So happy to hear the great pitch control and she really seemed to focus on tone rather than trying to belt all the time.

As for her "bloated-ness", yes maybe she's puffy due to whatever reasons (medications, fillers, lack of sleep etc.) But she's also at a much healthier weight (for her) than before (Ayu's own comments about how she was always hungry back then).

Her social media posts are likely edited (which is totally within her right), plus, she's selecting the best pics and angles. You can't do that with a live TV performance.

I read a couple of really positive Japanese posts on twitters (as opposed to the horrible ones) that commended her for appearing in the media confidently, even though she knew she would be heavily criticized. Another user commented that she's a perfectly normal weight and that cameras will make people look larger than they are. That same user also commented that there's an issue with too many stars being unnaturally thin which normalizes "skinny" as being normal and the expectation. (again, nothing wrong being naturally thin - but severe diets aren't normal). People also can't help but to continue to compare her to when she was in her 20s... which is not fair.

That being said, I think the dress wasn't tailored well. When something is too tight, it can make you look larger than you are. I think some tweaks with the fit and she would have been more comfortable and looked better.