Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayumi Nominated For World Music Awards
View Single Post
Old 14th December 2012, 09:09 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
Oh gosh, Maneater. I hated that song.

I don't know anyone who liked it/remembers her?! It was 6 years ago though, I guess? Still, there's a lot of stuff you still hear from then, I don't hear that song at all anymore.

I don't know any of the others.
I guess as a fan of hers I have a very different perspective of her career. Loose with all those catchy RnB-Pop hits from 2006 is by far my least favorite thing she has ever done, my favorite is 2003's Folklore with it's unique musical style that got rather popular in Germany, but flopped in most other countries. Then she released a Spanish album in 2009(she pretty much vanished from the World music scene except for two singles that smashed in a couple countries) and her 2012 album was a gigantic flop - even when it was one of the best Pop albums of the year.

So yeah, she was huge in 2006, but then she decided to go into completely different directions(no more generic Timbaland pop, another language...) and disappeared from the scene, even though her music improved.