Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Utada Hikaru] Songs of Utada Hikaru | the 52nd thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:06 PM
appears Initiate

I just realized that this baby is going to grow up knowing English, Japanese, and Italian, and that is going to be the coolest thing ever. Please don't fuck this up hikki by only teaching them English.

I had a friend in high school who was mixed race. His dad was from Mexico and spoke Spanish and English both fluently, and his mom was from Vietnam and spoke, English, Vietnamese, and Mandarin all fluently. They decided that they didn't want to "confuse" their son, and raised him only knowing English, and to this day he never got over it. His heritage was pretty crazy. He had family members that spoke Japanese as well. So I went to one of his birthday parties, and his extended family came over and I heard so many languages being spoken, and there was my poor friend only knowing English. He had cousins that were half his age that knew three languages.

I don't think I'd ever get over something like that either.

On a side note. The party was fun and really weird. There were pinatas and tapas, and tacos, and Chinese paper lanterns, and lo-mein noodles, and it was such a crazy cool mixture of two cultures.

Last edited by orangeakira; 2nd July 2015 at 08:11 PM.