Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~A ONE~
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~A ONE~
View Single Post
Old 10th April 2015, 10:17 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
It's funny how you always bring Kuu down or try to make her look desperate all the time. I agreed with you on some things earlier but I started noticing you have nothing positive to say about Kuu (besides liking her remixes) while everything Ayu does is alright. If anything Ayu/her team were the ones consistently obsessed with #1 singles and albums and always tried to find the best weeks possible for her from about the 90s up until 2013. Meanwhile in Kuu's peak she barely got any #1 singles and got the majority of them after her peak passed by luck. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
I don't know tbh. Personally I think Kuu's team/RZ isn't smart enough to do something like that but we'll just have to keep our own opinions on that matter I suppose.

I also apologize for my outburst as the same happens to me when I'm tired. I'm just really use to seeing some Ayu fans pick on Kuu whenever they can and just got tired of the consistent comparison between them for the past ten years.
KuuXAyu-fan, I wouldn't reply to this message if I wouldn't see the words "luck" and that you will hold your opinion up.
Rythme Zone (which is an avex company) have proffessionals to do the job of finding a release date to release where it's best! It's called "analysts". They are a proffessional company and they know what to do regarding strategies, marketings etc. You can't say they are not smart enough to have analysts, especially after what they did with kuu all the time (since 2004) and another great example would be EXILE. They very much know what they are doing, and each date kuu released an album, they chose it extremely carefully, Karenpang's post above is just an example, just don't let your love for kuu make you blind of these things, kuu doesn't work since day 1 in her own independent company where she doesn't know anything or don't have budget for promotion or marketing. No one gets anything by luck, even though ayu and her had some competition from time to time for their #1s albums or singles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
her concerts venues aren't getting smaller for now, but her tour dates are.
She has more dates than last year (even though it was a really short tour), but the fact that this tour was meant to be 18 dates and is now 22 is a great sign. Also she tours more than most other artists in Japan, popular or not.
Just in 2012 she was the top solo artist with most attendants for that year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
A company will invest less and less in an artist if they don't provide enough income to garner a profit. Of course sales are important because it means better opportunities and resources invested from within the company (to things like tours, etc.).

I mean, one could make the argument that the poor attention to proper mixing and less time/resources spent in fleshing out the layering in arrangements and compositions is because the company just doesn't see the benefit of spending the additional time/resources when sales just continue to decline regardless.

From a business standpoint, it just doesn't make sense. (Although it's kind a double edged sword cause how can they expect sales to pick up otherwise?)
Besdies sales which avex probably know how ayu would do, people always seem to forget that she still does great money for avex from touring, goods, endorsements (when she gets), tie-ins (like Step by step) and sales/digital sales. ayu probably has a good budget but besides a minmal promo, or promo that ayu agrees to do, it doesn't seem they bother (both ayu and avex) with more than what needed. That's how it looks like anyway. I'm not sure if the tours are great enough to pay for everything+pay for the next stuff promotions but it's probably a lot of money. If seiko sold just a few thousands for a long time and had a budget for her arena tours, so can ayu have budget for her stuff. Even if it's promo and not tour related, question is how much promo they believe she needs and how much promo she or them want for her.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 10th April 2015 at 11:40 PM.