Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- II
View Single Post
Old 12th September 2019, 10:29 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didz-19 View Post
Hi guys. I'm planning to go to Japan to watch Ayu's concert. Anyone wanna share their experience or advice travelling in Japan, like the budgets, hotel, how to get the concert ticket, transportation. I really want to see her Live.
Japan is the land of options. You can spend very little or you can spend a lot, depending on where you stay, what you do and eat. If you are staying for a week or more and traveling outside of Tokyo a lot get a JR pass, if you are just hopping from Tokyo to one other place, fly. Transportation will probably rat most of your cash as compared to the EU its pricy cuz as a tourist you need to use it a lot. JR pass makes it cheaper if you are staying for a week or two.

For the concert tickets, join TA. Us foreigners typically get very good seats and it’s the safest way to get them at a regular price, especially if you don’t wanna risk it. Japan is easy to get around as everything works.

I’ve been there with both a very small and a very big budget. The first time I went it was 9 days and I spent around 800 eur (airplane ticket excluded). If you are buying electronics it can be pretty cheap as you can get tax free on the spot which is 7-8% (I always forget) and Yodobashi has an additional 5% off for VISA card holders.

If you want a nice cheap hotel/hostel try Juyoh. Its in Minami senju, so a bit far away from Shibuya, but super close to Ueno, Akihabara and Narita airport.

Oh and do check Narita if you have the time before the flight back!

Follow me @njanjayrp