Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - AHS Mini Screenplay Contest 2008
View Single Post
Old 28th October 2008, 02:57 AM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartsofpleasure View Post
I don't like to be a Negative Nancy, but I agree with this. I really wish this contest had been an Ayu vignette or something so we can write her thoughts, descriptions, etc. Mere dialogue really doesn't say much. Also, it seems kind of pointless to write in a medium which is not intended to stand alone. Between reading the script and watching the movie, it is obvious which experience is richer.
We can never have a contest format that will please everyone. Lots of members here have imagined how they want to make an Ayu PV or CM, and those start out as scripts. This contest is for those people, but I'm sure we will have other kinds of writing contests in the future.

Anyway, there is more to script writing than just dialogue. Unspoken thoughts and detailed descriptions can be included. There are so many possibilities, it's really up to the creativity of the writer. If anyone isn't familiar with with script formats please check the links in the first post, or search online for other examples.