Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Good points. I would think that since her fanbase is older now, with fully developed brains, many fans are able to see a "trap" or "trick" like this and refuse to be roped into it or taken advantage of. When I was younger I could never had imagined the day when I would give up buying her albums. I thought to myself I will always buy the one "gold" version of the album. But one day it's like I woke up and just saw it for what it really was, a bunch of shit added into the mix that I didn't need or even want. I think as you become an adult you begin to look at things in a more practical light as a way of decluttering your life. At least that's what I realized about myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
As you get older you also learn to appreciate the value of your hard-earned money and the time you took to earn it. The only way that I am buying this is for these to be a 2 x 5 DIFFERENT track releases. The odds of that are slim. If it doesn't turn into LOVE again I might buy it next year when I go see her.
Yes, exactly. As a teen I could have never imagined not to buy an Ayu release, but now I honestly don't want to spend my hard-earned money on something like this. I mean, I would have to work 20 hours to afford those box sets and this would mean no money for food nor rent earned. Realistically speaking, I would have to work a whole month and would not be able to buy anything else or go out with friends to buy that.
I think a lot of her fans nowadays feel like that, too. My one friend would have loved to buy a full album, like Ayu promised it to her fans via social media since quite some time now. But since Ayu fooled us with LOVE and again already, she definitely won't buy it and just rent it later to rip it.