Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 DVD/BD release
View Single Post
Old 30th August 2018, 04:34 AM
Initiate

I watched Ch1, Ch3, and namie's Final Tour on DVD, and I can't help but begin to notice what different kinds of performers they are.

Granted that ayu's concerts nowadays have much lower production value and that her vocal quality has been unstable, somehow her performance conveys much much more emotion and, to some extent, energy, which really reach the audience even via DVD. Idk, maybe it's her movement, or her expressions and voices (these can be overkill such as in Last Minute), she really has a unique and extremely powerful way of connecting to the audience. It's a fascinating paradox - on one hand, she's an actress performing a story line; on the other, she's a real person whose emotions are more genuine than anyone.

man, talking about individual performances: appears in Ch1 was just beautiful in every way (arrangement, stage, costume, dance, singing). ASFXX in Ch3 = <3 for reasons I wont repeat. And the two ourselves at the beginning and at the end - that's some well thought-out and fantastically delivered concepts there.

I was reluctant to watch ayu's recent concerts because they don't look appealing on paper. I didnt want to watch them also because they can be easily overshadowed by other artists' more expensive, dance-intensive and well-advertised shows, but I'm glad I gave these two a try - her unique way of performing just cannot be captured in still images or 1-minute digest!

Last edited by KPL; 30th August 2018 at 04:39 AM.