Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's social networks - Discussion #57
View Single Post
Old 28th December 2021, 08:23 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280301 View Post
Thank you MKAyu for the translation!

I found Max's perception of the state of Ayu's career, her creative output, and the desires/expectations of her audience (and how they contrast with her own creative dreams) quite intriguing. He clearly recognises that Ayu's career does have the potential to continue being successful if only she would become increasingly receptive to the expectations of her audience. I don't think anyone can realistically expect her (or even want her to!) to return to releasing an original album once a year (especially with the state of her hearing now, and as she has young children), but there does appear to be a yearning for new music among her fans, and this is clearly implied in some of his comments. I imagine that Ayu was informed of what the questions asked in the interview would be focused on, and subsequently, maybe this can also insinuate that Ayu herself is interested in receiving direct feedback from her audience regarding what they want to see from her. Great interview, and I'm excited to see if Ayu and her team do indeed take fan feedback into account!
No problem!

I'm very curious about Ayu's mental state. Ayu is very clear--she has what she wants for herself and her youthful hunger for recognition is gone. But is that because she achieved that recognition and is comfortable where she is? Or is it burnout? Or is it a change in interests and priorities?

Her reaction and future work will look very different depending on that!