Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [V]
View Single Post
Old 15th January 2013, 11:49 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Her last few albums have been rather amazing when it comes to the music, with varying outliers in hating it. I mean there are some people who have not liked a single thing since I am...... does that mean that her work since then has been horrible? Some started hating her material after GUILTY or Secret but she's still satisfied fans since then. She must be doing something right.

IMO, you cannot let other people's opinions influence your own view on how something will sound because that's just stupid. If some people think that it's great, that's what they think and not what you are going to think. I never take what people say around here and for some reason think that it's going to be how I feel about the song because not everyone listens to Ayu in the same way or is looking for the same thing in her works. If you hate Melody or Sexy little things, be my guest, but that isn't going to stop the people that like it from enjoying it. (the same goes for people who talk about how much they love it not being able to convince those who hate it otherwise)

However, I've always felt that it takes time for Ayu albums to sink in. It usually takes about a year or two.
I understand this, and maybe it's just my personality of being overly-passionate about things I love (and probably things I dislike as well)... but, for some reason it does get me angry when people make declarations on newly released material being the best. This seems to happen with every single release, right down to every single song, mostly due to the "fresh" factor. I guess I really do pick apart music and I listen very intently and make informed decisions on whether or not I dislike it, why I dislike it, what could be better, and what was just down-right amazing. I don't feel like most people really do this or take notice in everything that goes into a song.

Maybe I am making assumptions about people, but even in real life if I am expressing why I love or dislike a song to someone who feels the opposite way, they can never express why they themselves like or dislike it in an argumentative way. It's usually "idk, i just like it...". I am the kind of person who wants to understand why a song sounds SO GOOD to me, so I pick out what I love and I notice what I don't. When making a statement on why I love a song I will use pieces of the song as example, where as most others generally just hear the noise and everything on the surface. You can't make a statement unless you truly dive into that piece of music and decide why you think it's good or bad. Pay attention to it - don't just put it on in the background. Really listen.

I guess some people aren't like that - well, a lot of people I suppose. And I should learn to let them "like" or "dislike" something even if they only pay attention to the "surface".