Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [2008] This Japanese artist = This English Artist
View Single Post
Old 14th June 2008, 12:58 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
I always thought Namie's career and music reminded me a bit of Mariah's. They both started off with more pop stuff and had quite an innocent image, but they later got more and more heavily into hip-hop (though Mariah moreso) and also have done some suggestive songs in the past. They're also older ladies who still look better than girls 10 years younger than them.

Although they aren't completely similar, as Mariah has the huge voice and Namie's got the dance moves.
Yeah I guess they've had similar careers. It's hard to do one like Namie, she's so different, First she comes out as dance, then she goes into more poppish tunes with sweet 19, then concentration 20 is more rockish sound and since then she's become hip-hop. While still having great dance moves but not the best voice. I don't know who that's like at all...

Quote:
I think the most difficult person to compare would be Hikki. When she was first introduced in America a lot of people called her Japan's Britney Spears, but I definitely do not think that is an accurate label . Can you imagine Britney doing "Passion"?
did they really? That's a horrible comparison Hikki can't dance at all, she can only sing, and she isn't crazy either. I don't know where they got that from. Her Exodus album was a little on the upbeat side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
Koda Kumi- Dirrrty era Christina Aguilera or maybe even Fergie
I was having a hard time with her too but this is accurate! both work pretty well.