Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - what's the difference between Overseas version and the Japan version
View Single Post
Old 17th July 2006, 02:06 AM
Because of You Initiate

Wanted to address some of these questions even though they are quite old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalaxie
yea i saw on yesasia that BoA's new korean cd is SOOOOOOOO cheap! i think its bcoz the korean music industry isnt going so well...
No, it's because the Korean standard of living is cheaper than Japan's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigakan
I didn't want to open another thread so I'll ask here:

Starting next year I'll start buying Ayu's albums (at last) and there's no doubt about it, I'm going for the japanese versions (I don't mind paying up to $35 plus S&H on her albums). But for concert DVD's is different, I think that the price for the japanese versions are quite expensive, so my question is this: are the overseas versions of Ayu's DVD's bad or almost the same as the japanese ones; also, are chinese subtitles imposed throughout the concert or can you turn them off (including the extras, and do japanese editions of her concerts have subtitles in any language?) and finally, from all the overseas versions that exist, which are better: korean, taiwanese or from Hong Kong?

Thanks for your help
As far as I know subtitles only exist in the overseas VCD versions, and in none of the DVD versions. For DVDs I don't think there are Korean Versions, but I could be wrong. Either way, all 3 of the options in your last question are the same product and there is virtually no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emikotogawa
does anyone know if the overseas versions have Region 1 dvds, or are they all region 2?
Region 3.