Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2021-2022 A ~23rd Monster~
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2022, 03:49 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Another interesting thought that I have not about this particular show but something I was thinking about when waiting for it to start so I wonder what are your opinions on this topic.
When going to Yoyogi, near the entrance there were these creepy guys selling pictures from her current tour for 1000 yen a piece. There were also creepy ojisans asking "who doesn't have ticket?". Obviously they were selling tickets to the show, I remember almost buying ticket from a guy like this in 2014.
Now, when I think more about this - reselling tickets like this is really frowned upon in Japan and in the past 3-4 years there has been a major crackdown on resellers(shutting down reselling sites, etc). Taking pictures is not allowed during the show and audience are encouraged to tell staff when they see somebody taking pics or recording the show - I heard the announcement in Yoyogi before the show several times.
I don't have experience going to other female singers or idol bands, but I have been to many rock shows in Japan of several artists and I have never seen this kind of ticket resellers or photos sold outside. Maximum one can usually hope right before the show is to find somebody who have one extra ticket because their friend cancelled last minute and so they can sell it for the original price to somebody who wants to go with them.

This all made me think that people reselling concert tickets, taking pictures during the tour and selling them outside the venue might be related to (or actually even be) avex staff. If it is an insider job then it seems more plausible that all of this is tolerated and avex does nothing, while for other artists other labels are very strict and this is surely unheard of.