Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 08:40 AM
As if.. Initiate

I definitely see how at least this release got people talking. I haven't posted on AHS in possibly years (don't really remember the last time) but this one got my attention.

I've been consistent in buying Ayu releases, be it CDs, DVDs or more recently Blu-rays, so I'll go the extra mile to import via Tenso. But I have definite mixed feelings.

I agree with those who say the price is actually pretty standard for what we're getting - the "album" is mini album pricing, and the blu-rays are fairly consistently priced for her, and most other Japanese releases as well.

I'm glad to see the deluxe box will stay in CD sized packaging. I was worried the albums would end up in Blu-ray packaging because of the bundling.

I'm a bit sad that the "album" is only 5 tracks, especially given that she made a big deal about the studio time on social media. However, I'm excited to finally get a full quality version of WORDS and hopefully an audio remaster of We are the QUEENS. I am an audio quality snob so while I've heard both tracks I haven't listened to them extensively.

Has anyone considered the idea that even though there's only 5 tracks, the last track might be some 10 minute opus or something? It would be a new thing for Ayu... and certainly would bring the runtime up closer to "album" status... (I'm just being hopeful here ^_^; ).