Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 03:18 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
It’s not throwing a tantrum. I think it’s getting to the point where one really has to stop living in naivety and honestly ask themselves “what if things actually don’t get better? What if we really have seen the best, and from here on out we continue rolling down the hill?” It’s the breaking point when the hope that you’ve clung to for so long has left you feeling nothing but a lonely fool.

I think it’s really ironic when people just can’t see that and kind of speak as if they are above those who are struggling with such intense emotions, sometimes even as if they somehow care about ayu more, when in fact those who are affected to this degree obviously have been touched by her music in a way those questioning them will never quite understand.

For some of us, music is more than entertainment - it is sustainment. And when what has been a powerful force in said sustainment fails to provide that, it’s a hard reality to face. It’s not completely unfathomable that a mourning process would go along with it. And whom are we to dictate what a person can and cannot mourn?
Basically my feelings on this release. I feel a profound disappointment, even though I realize that the tracks themselves aren't anywhere near terrible, and I'm glad that others are thoroughly enjoying them. It's just where I'm at now, and it makes sense given that the tracks I listen to now are primarily founded within the 1999-2005 eras.

I think it would be strange if we weren't having these conversations about an artist who has been releasing pretty consistently for twenty years. We're all at different points in our fandom, and that's okay. I hope future discussions can be more tolerant of this.

Also - to whoever mentioned forgiveness, thank you! I'm reminded of it every now and then, listen to it, and am always blown away. Same with walking proud, CAROLS, Dearest, and momentum.