Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of ~A BEST 15th Anniversary Edition~
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2016, 04:31 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I believe she reduced her exposure as a way to rest her image (she had almost a whole decade of hyper exposition after all), but as she still sparkes interest on the general public her personal life, that always was on a way or another fuel to tabloids didn't had her music to make a counter point.
I'm not sure if I agree about it being to rest her image as much as I think it has to do with her being a "product" of avex. Over the last 15 years, she's largely done everything in her power to not be avex's sugar momma, and I think her dropping out of TV promo and other stuff was just another step.

It's sad though because it comes off like she doesn't realize people who like her aren't necessarily going to hunt her down to find out what she's doing. It's also sad because it waters down the experience of being a fan. Instead of the excitement of CMs and singles with PVs and TV performances and talk show interviews, we just sit around waiting for news. Not so exciting.

-> <-