Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019ー2020 A
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2019, 10:47 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
I think the leaked mp3s of concerts (i.e. not the DVD) are most helpful here. off the top of my head, talkin' 2 myself from ASIA TOUR 2008 and poker face from A BEST LIVE 2013—I remember comparing leaks from different shows and these performances sound exactly the same (to my ears).

most recently, kanariya from CDL 2016–2017. it was almost clear this was a lip-sync just by comparing her vocals here and its severe hoarseness in Last angel, which was the immediately next song. the camera angles during the performance are suspect too; there were very few close-ups of her face, as if to hide obvious signs of lip-syncing.
The entire section "poker face-Fly high-HONEY" was lip-synced in A Best live, however I didn't want to mention it as an example, because there's only edited version available to the public, so one can't hear that there were off-key notes there. It's hard to back up examples with videos, because the vocals are fixed for DVDs.
As for Kanariya, you're absolutely right.