Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2018, 09:44 AM
Initiate

Ok I listened to it. I know most of you will not like what I will say but that's it. This is Ayumi Hamasaki we are talking about and for an artist like her, this album is a joke. There is nothing new here. 2 years for 3 new songs? I know that is something for most of you, but for me, this is a very bad joke. I'm disappointed because this is Ayu and she can do better. She has done these kind of songs for age now. I have the feeling that Ayu lives in the past and can't deliver something new now. I feel from now on, there will always be these kind of songs.

I always enjoyed We are the queens, I love the "game vibes" in it, it is fierce and entertaining. So I'm happy the song is here.

aeternal is so basic. And I find the vocal horrible, like Ayu is souting and sounds very tired. There is nothing new here, that's a shame. That is a song I already listened to 1000x. Dear God, how can't she be tired of this kind of song in her discography?
I will forget this song very quicly.

Words is the same kind of song that aeternal. No, aeternal is a pale copy of Words. Same melody or so. But Words is way better, the vocals are much softer, better, sweet. That's not my cup of tea because once again, there is nothing new but overall I appreciate the song in this mini album.

W is my favorite! Thanks God at least one rockish song!! I love it, it reminds me of 1love (which is one of my fav song of Ayu). I freacking love the intro!!! I wanted so much to have an album like this, which match the name "Trouble", something rockish, maybe a little more dark! I'm very happy to have this song to listen to.

The way I am is once again very classic, like Words and aeternal. I will forget it quickly too I think.

I listen to Ayu since 2004 and I always enjoyed her releases but maybe my tastes are changing but I can't find what I loved in Ayu's music before in her recent songs. There is one or two songs I like in each release, but it's been a long time since I enjoyed, loved a full album. Ayu can do better, she used to be surprising with various styles but not now.
Now it is the same classical pop/ballad songs.
There is no Trouble in this album, she must called it "Sweet" or "Memories" it would be better.
So I continue to follow her, maybe by habit but this time I can't defend her work. Aside from W, I'm really disappointed.