Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album (January 2023)
View Single Post
Old 29th November 2022, 08:18 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONAppears View Post
NOOOOO i completely missed this… summer again is way too low!
I'll add a vote for Summer Again just for you

1. Nonfiction (19 votes)
2. MASK (18 votes)
3. 23rd Monster (16 votes)
4. Summer Again (13 votes)
5. Dreamed a Dream (12 votes)
5. オヒアの木 (4 votes)

--
Regarding Ayu's work ethic... as for how I look at this personally, I don't think Ayu was lying all of those years when she said the stage was her life, and how she exists. I think it scares her a lot to have hit such a wall in her creativity. We saw some signs of her having writer's block around the TROUBLE era and I'm assuming since then she has started and then scrapped a lot of projects. It makes sense that after so many years of keeping that struggle private, she'd now finally feel able to talk about it.

None of us are obligated to make assumptions in her favour, but I think we're seeing very much someone coming to terms with how this has affected their confidence and sense of identity at the same time as feeling on a ticking clock regarding their health. She has a lot of strength opening up the way she has and while I naturally don't want to make assumptions for what her future looks like, I appreciate her talking about this and whatever she wants to do next.

We're celebrating her 25th anniversary next year... 25 years of incredible music and performing. My biggest wish is that in the midst of all this, she can appreciate her legacy. She will forever be one of a kind.