Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ III
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ III
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 08:55 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Well, if it helps, Days/GREEN was her last single to break 190k, aha. I think Days was a cute track and the Japanese public responded well to it, but somehow... maybe that just wasn't enough? I think a lot of the love for Days came from the PV, though the song was pretty well-liked too. I was talking more... Ayu hasn't had an earworm of a song that drills itself into your head and doesn't budge for a while. Most of her tracks lately seem to be very "I'm making these songs because I want to make them. If you do not like it, then they're just not to your tastes." as opposed to "This song is made to be a hit." which a lot of her tracks in 2006 were like, I think.
I agree with everything, but the fact that the Japanese public responded so well to Days, I think that her fan base actually responded well to the song and not the general public. That actually happened to Together When... which sold way better digitally than Days/GREEN not to mention the 400k cds GUILTY sold during the first 2 weeks...

Follow me @njanjayrp