Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Translation] Tell All (Lyrics)
Thread: [Translation] Tell All (Lyrics)
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2013, 11:56 PM
Initiate

There are so many different forms of love, not just romantic. There's love of the self, love for life; love for friends, for your family; love of god, love of any other power besides yourself, etc.

I think for Ayu, this song is definitely about the love between her and her fans, the relationship we've forged with her music and how she's able to connect back to us through our messages, our presence at her lives, etc. I don't doubt that it might be some commentary about her past very public relationships. It's a 'battle' to love someone whom the spotlight loves because you will inevitably be drawn into its target, too.

That aside, Ayu says she chooses to have that struggle (or whatever other struggle she can refer to) because the love she has for (insert noun here) is worth it. The fact that the cover art for this single is of her looking a little battered but also determined, with her arms cross in a self-embrace, suggests the pride the lyrics touch upon. Pride in her choosing to fight, pride in this kind of love, but also in how focused she is on moving forward.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."