Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
View Single Post
Old 26th November 2018, 08:24 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
I agree. What I like about JPop is how much anniversaries are acknowledged. I was expecting to take my wallet out and have an Ayu blowout this year with the 20th anniversary but...nothing. Like with the 15th anniversary, whilst there were repeat releases (Love, Again, LoveAgain) I was so excited about these releases regardless.

I can understand that new material isn't her priority nowadays but Avex could have commissioned a new remix release.
Suddenly the way things were done to commemorate Ayu's 10th & 15th anniversaries ain't so bad as compared to now @_@

Other artistes even though they have not been that active in recent years , at least they still made the effort to commemorate their landmark milestone

B'z in recent years don't perform on TV often but last year they appeared in a considerable number of TV shows to celebrate their 30th anniversary early besides going numerous back to back tours , putting out a new album & also organised an extensive exhibition housing a mountain load of memorabilia of theirs

Likewise for L'arc , they haven't been active the last few years but at least they still did 2 concerts last year in Tokyo Dome to commemorate their 25th anniversary while they're coming back again next month to perform their Christmas theme concert in Tokyo Dome again

At this point in Ayu's life , I'm not asking a laundry list of things from her but the way either she or avex handled her 20th anniversary milestone , it's nothing special , it just came & go

Nothing special was put out to say hey Ayu is still here , she left such a big mark in the industry & for avex to miss out to capitalise on this opportunity , I don't know what else to think about it

Also seeing other artistes doing all sorts of different yet unique ways to celebrate their respective milestone in the industry , I keep wondering why Ayu did not do so as well

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site