Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2019, 04:44 PM
still alone Initiate

I have watched the Countdown and I think I have the opposite opinion of everyone. I thought the vocals were rough in certain spots but overall it was decent. But I didn't really like the show. The first section being the lowest point for me. When she poured the water on her chest and when she was flashing her underwear was more cringe than any of the vocals. I will say though that the little mini countdown during Lady Dynamite was really cool. I loved the graphics and lights.
I was really excited for Together When... because I have been wanting that for quite some time now but I was slightly disappointed. Ayu looked beautiful and her dress was pretty and the vocal was stable. But she mostly just walked around for the performance. I was hoping for a bigger performance like Countdown 07-08. But I am still happy my wish was granted.
I think WATQ was actually my favorite moment. I thought the vocals were pretty good and all the A flags waving was cool.
In the end, I am kind of just happy to see Ayu again and have something new to experience from her since she isn't releasing anything anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
The age is definitely not an issue - I’ve seen Suzanne Vega in November who is a lot older than Ayu. She still sounds like she is 18.
Also, I love Suzanne Vega too! It isn't Ayu's age that is the problem. The current state of her vocals is due to a variety of factors that I think we all are aware of by now. At this point she either has a good day or a bad day.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 2nd January 2019 at 04:48 PM.