Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Ayu to perform/take part in a-nation stadium fes. in August
View Single Post
Old 13th August 2015, 05:49 PM

^ I agree.
A part of the popularity of an artist is the devotion of their fans. If fans create fan works and spread them over the internet it means they're doing some kind of free promotion. I mean, fandoms wouldn't be the same and for a lot of people not as half as interesting if they wouldn't be able to share and to discuss fanmade graphics, videos etc. If fans wouldn't create some kind of "hype" themselves within the scene, a lot of people would lose interest really quick.
Therefore it doesn't matter for me if the original photo or whatever belongs to avex trax as a company or not. Fans put a lot of work, time and devotion into creating their fanworks just to show their love for an artist and Ayu shamelessly takes those works and uses them without even asking and makes a lot of money out of it.
I know there where people in the past who were saying we wouldn't know if she maybe paid them. But we have the guy who said that he was surprised and didn't knew.
I find it just plain disrespectful to use fanworks without even crediting them. Even in forums and such creators of fanworks don't want their work shared without crediting them. Most of us have a little sentence in our signatures to give credtit to the one who created our avatar and signature. Ayu didn't even mentioned ones which work or idea it was.
Ayu and avex can use those works as much as they want from a legal point of view, but I think of it as disrespectful nontheless.