Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~IV~
View Single Post
Old 21st August 2018, 03:37 AM
Initiate

I just finished with Jacket A and thought I'd offer some quick thoughts on it.

TROUBLE cd: I didn't really like it, the whole thing just kind of fell flat for me. I like the instrumentation for W, but it felt like the instrumentation and the melody were a mismatch. My favorite out of the bunch is probably 「The way I am」, though I liked the Line Live version better. All of the songs felt kind of lackluster, lacking an emotional delivery.

JUST THE BEGINNING 20 PART 1:

Ourselves to Because of You sound terrible and were difficult to watch/listen to. She looked and sounded exhausted. The vocals sound heavily processed. The dynamics have been compressed to the point where it feels like they sucked all the life and emotion out of them. I saw the live broadcast, she sounded terrible but at least there was real emotion there. I seriously started having some regrets about buying it.

The rest of the show actually sounds way better and less sanitized. I liked how Virgin Road sounded. If I remember correctly she actually sounded alright in the live broadcast as well. She's got more energy starting at my name's WOMEN (allegedly lipsynced), and she keeps that energy up through the rest of the show. From appears (I actually kind of like the different arrangement) to the end she was back to sounding like usual DVD Ayu and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed ZIN hosting the MC it was fun and different than usual. The picture format is super wide though, so it took a while to get used to it not being in the usual 16x9 aspect ratio.

I did also get Jacket B, but I have not even had a chance to open it yet, I'll give my thoughts on the reversed tracklist and the Tour Part 3 when I can. I'm curious to see how Part 3 on the blu-ray is different than seeing it in person was.