Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's social networks - Discussion #57
View Single Post
Old 16th September 2022, 03:45 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalaxie View Post
So yesterday I saw that Ayu posted about celebrating her mum's birthday.
I remember from the All Night Nippon radio show (1998 or 1999) her going into detail about what sort of person her mother was - without resentment, she described her as not being present, as not being much of a mother, of marching to the beat of her own drum basically but a beat that didn't seem to include Ayu at all. And, if I understood correctly, she mentioned that she hadn't been in touch with her for a long time and didn't know where she was at that time.
So I thought it was interesting that she seems to have reunited with her mother (maybe ages ago - I think she posted about having hot pot at her mum's place a year or two ago as well?). It's really interesting how positively she is talking about her mum in this post.
Also, this sounds really dumb now but I remember reading on this forum a rumour when Memorial Address was released that the lyrics to the song were about her mother dying, and I feel like I'm only just finding out now that that rumour was totally made up lol
The Memorial Address rumour was about her father dying^^
She has been talking nicely about her mother in a while now. I guess she probably understood her mother better once she got older and even became a mother herself.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)