Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ setlists and pictures [V]
View Single Post
Old 27th October 2008, 11:37 AM
Banned

Don't feed the troll ok not troll..but useless argument..thing, sunshine. XD ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
That one I'm really not that sure of. I hope it's not. But I'm assuming that it has a high possibility to be since all of the songs surrounding it seem to be.
Ah, okay. I hope it's live. XD

Quote:
Well, back during Tour of Secret, Evan Chan, a Chinese singer, went to her show and said to the media that a lot of it was lip synced. Everyone practically killed the guy over making that comment, saying that Ayu would never lip synch. I personally can't really comment on tour of secret because I didn't go to that one. I've only seen the DVD and Avex is infamous for making the dvds sound better. I personally think that either Avex edited that DVD too much or she was lip synching 50% of the concert. So once again, since I wasn't there to experience it myself I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one and say that they just edited the sound for dvd a lot.
Quote:
I saw both her tours in 2004 and 2005 multiple times. 2004 was totally live. 2005 was too except for alterna. (I mean come on she is hanging out of a ball with a bar across her stomach most of the time) I also was at CDL 06-07 and I don't really remember suspecting any lip synching then either. So it does seem to be that she has started to do it more and more often recently. I don't know how much it has to do with the ear, but it seems like the larger factor is that her performances are just becoming more and more choreographed. But then there is the infamous case of her lip synching Theme of a-nation at CDL 05/06 - I still can't think of any good explanation for that one.
Don't you mean 2006 w/ alterna, as 2006 was the (miss)understood tour? Which means that you meant 2005 the MY STORY tour was completely live? If so that would be very awesome. ^_^ And errr, Theme of a-nation was lip synched? LOL. o_O It's not -that- hard to sing. Maybe she's either perfectionist or avex wants her vocals to be perfect..? Hmm. And yea, CDL 06-07 was great. ^^ With the TV version you could so hear that even until that Day was live. And she sung is very good imo.

Nice to hear AT06 except alterna was live. I can understand why they did make alterna live lol. And Marionette, with all the weird moves. But theme of a-nation? LOL XD

Quote:
Actually no, artists rarely lip synch in Japan. It is starting to get more common, but still when compared to the west or China and Korea, Japan has very little lip synching. Even Johnny's boy bands are usually at the very least half live, if not completely live. I've never heard Namie lip synch, Morning Musume very rarely, never heard Koda lip synch except for using doubling(I don't count that as lip synching), the list of artists could go on and on. Typically on an episode of Music Station, if anybody lip synchs its almost always a western artist.

So no, I would say that Japan prefers average vocals to lip synching way more than any other country.
Ah, okay. Well that blows that theory out of the water. XD

Quote:
this interesting. also, for you, i'm not saying Ayu NEVER EVER yp synched. She did. But i prefer to think that not on live tours!
just because it is live, and if you're saying that she lypsynched it's same as she is cheating and not sincere.
I don't like it either, but in an interview she said she wanted to capture the audience of live tours with amazing visuals, and I suppose that difficult choreography is part of that. E.g. (don't) Leave me alone and 1 LOVE have pretty crazy choreography so I can imagine she'd sacrifice live vocals for the sake of that "capturing the audience". But quite honestly I've never been to a tour yet, so I don't know if I'd rather have show or live vocals.

^^ Which would you prefer sunshine?

Last edited by Melrose; 27th October 2008 at 11:44 AM.