Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu is now on Spotify
View Single Post
Old 8th January 2017, 05:38 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I don't know why people like spotify so much. The audio quality alone is reason enough to avoid it. It only streams in 96kbps to 160kbps. Unless you pay for premium and get 320kbps. So if you care about sound quality, it's not worth it.
It's only good for people who are too lazy to download music or don't want to pay for music.
I will forever advocate buying physical music.
Shareable playlists with every single song you want from whichever artists you want (provided it is in the catalog), listening on mobile devices without having to transfer music, the ability to download playlists for offline-listening, ability to create a radio playlist based on a song or artist, following artists to get notified when new things get added to their catalog, using Spotify on phone to change song playing on computer, supporting the song creators with every listen, and so on (many of these are Premium perks).
While I would certainly want there to be an option for even higher quality, I am very happy with my Premium subscription, especially now that I can put a bunch of Ayu-songs in any playlist I like. It's easy to use and it's an easy way to carry your music with you across devices without the hassle of files or CDs. Additionally, it's a great way to find new music similar to what you like (as Spotify can give you recommendations for that in several different and very unobtrusive ways) as well as keeping up with more recent hits or revisiting old classics.
Supporting Ayu through physical media or paid downloads is naturally preferable (I've done both of those), but Spotify does give an avenue for people to do it in addition to that, or as a cheaper or even free way to do it.

This post is not sponsored by or in any way commercially affiliated with Spotify, just felt I had to say it because I was singing its praises so much