Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu at 2018 FNS Uta no Natsu Matsuri July 25th
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 08:57 AM
poker face Initiate

By fan standard, this is absolutely above the passing line.

Not trying to be anti but would really wanna look deeper into this.
Coming back on TV after such a long time and before an album release, it should have been for her upcoming album promotion. From past examples, she usually do an old song followed by a new.
(Yes it's a summer theme show, but not all songs were related to summer)

Instead, avex chose 2 old summer songs, plus this nostalgic outfit. It's an obvious move to gain attention of ex-fans and general public.
Yet I suspect that it's not her will to sing these, since avex has been trying to push AWA once again by promoting through ayu's site recently.
Is it just me? or some of you also noticed ayu seems to be looking at a screen at the start of Greatful days for lyrics, and most of her expressive actions in Greatful days are very repetitive (acting like an aeroplane / bending forward with hand on hip). She tried hard to be 15 years ago, but she didn't evolve.

It's true that people only remember the ayu at her peak condition.
The choice of songs and the "old-style" exaggerated act of cuteness definitely reminds everyone of the old days. If exposure was the aim, they did it well. But they did just that.
When you try to make her appear as if it was 15 years ago, which she physically and vocally isn't, there's gonna be a backlash.

If avex wanted to promote the album, simply sing a new song. Everyone knows who ayu is, the public doesn't need Blue Bird / SEASONS / Evolution to remind them of her.
If avex just wanted to gain exposure, being on so little TV is not enough. Just look at her list of exposure on her site. It's pitiful!

avex and her team really needs to do something when her concert tickets aren't even helping her earn enough money!
With this scale of a team on the front line, I just can't see how she feeds them with this income.

Last edited by dez0424; 26th July 2018 at 09:02 AM.