Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~
View Single Post
Old 26th July 2018, 03:52 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuraiNamida View Post
Until now I loved basically everything released by Ayu, since My Story (I became a fan around that time). I loved LOVE again project as well, to give you a hint of how much "forgiving" I am with her choices.

This time is the first time I feel a little bit betrayed by Ayu. The problem for me isn't the 5 track album per se, but that she was teasing this project with something like "finally I can put in music 2 years of emotions and memories" more or less. You would imagine that for an artist that could pack a lot of different music in an album per year, after two years at least she could release a 10-14 track album. Instead we have 3 songs (because when she teased the "two years of emotions related music" she already had released WotQ and WORDS, that, btw, I deeply love, especially WotQ).

Moreover, I would be perfectly fine with a 5-track project release if this would give me a hint for a future release. Like if this was a maxi single I could expect an album before the end of the year, but like this who knows when we will have a new album and I'm really scared of what to expect from the next album... Other 3-5 songs for one year?

It's undewhelming for me because I'm used to listen Ayu's most recent release daily until the next one but with mini album I reach the "burn out" really fast (Indeed with sixxxxxx I had to mix it in a playlist with A ONE to not get tired of it too soon). Maybe Insted of releasing A ONE and sixxxxxx in a short time period she could keep sixxxxxx's songs to make a full album with Trouble's tracks. But I think the concepts would not allow it.

What would help me to enjoy thia release would be a teaser that there will be a new album in the next months, I would be ok with another 5track album, but it should be released not after December.

Btw I noticed the "W" concept as well. And I think, since in japanese W means Double we can say that evey song start with "Double(W) letter", so as æ is a double letter.
Yeah, this makes sense. It would be nice to know that there might be more around the corner.