Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu Schedule #10 [2008-2011] - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc.
View Single Post
Old 9th October 2011, 12:43 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSenshi View Post
I don't think at all that she's doing any less work now than she was five years ago. Look at the other 'smaller' projects she's got going; a lot of them take time. She's 'producing' for artists like Nao, she's got the recent eyelashes and contact lenses (she's said often she's worked very hard with her make up artist to make the best for both, especially the eyelashes), there are all the endorsements she's taking on before we even realize, like Rimmel London, Lands of Eden and that takes a lot of time, especially the latter because there are photoshoots to do as well as live appearances. She's also got the lives in 3D; keep in mind Ayu watches and chooses the footage herself to make sure it's to her liking and as great as she wants it, and this goes with all her DVD releases from CDLs to tour finals. She had LOVE&HOPE to work on also and even though that wasn't a huge shoot there were two live events to move around for. There are tons of photoshoots for magazines and for other material; not as much as there used to be but a lot still. There's also the pachinko footage which was probably done at the end of 2010.

All that amongst more common things like sound-only rehearsals, dance rehearsals, stage rehearsals and then costume rehearsals, there's stage planning, costume planning, sifting through melodies for future releases, writing lyrics, working out/training, staff meetings, vocal lessons.

As it is, it's any wonder how she manages to have time for herself, if she does at all. Well, I'm sure she does, but I'm sure it's very little.

If she only has 1 or 2 TV performances for every release then I'll be satisfied anyway as long as she's in good health. She already does a gazillion other things and more TV performances would only add to the load; a TV performance isn't just a TV performance. You have to cut the song down to a TV size while retaining the meaning of the song, and then you need to work out how that'll be fixed wiht the music as well as the lyrics, you've got to then have rehearsals with the band members to practice this new shorter version, and if dancers are involved you'll need to monitor/instruct their rehearsals also, and then incorporate them into your own rehearsals. It's honestly not as straightforward as people think.
You summarize my view perfectly!