Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II]
View Single Post
Old 13th April 2009, 07:33 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
Ok, i've given it more thought about the setlist. A lot of you people compare it with the PCDL setlist because of those repeat performances of rare songs. Everywhere Nowhere and Signal I have no problem with, I think those 2 could become her staples. In the Corner was awesome during CDL, and she is wise to repeat it here for the tour.
I pinpoint the problem in particular to 2 songs, For My Dear and Hope And Pain. These 2 ballads are just average at best (of course for some of you they could be your favorites, i'm just saying in general here), they don't deserve their spots here. I think if Ayu exchange them with some other ballads, everyone will be happy. And she can do it easily too because those 2 performances have no dancers and no choreography.
Some great alternatives I can think of: Forgiveness, Hanabi Ep.2, Walking Proud, Dolls, Close to You, Jewel, Momentum, Moments, Heaven... and Life could be done during encore.
I agree their not her best ballads, but I think it's pretty obvious why she's using them.

I think she's like experiencing some kind of unrequited love, and those lyrics are the best way to express what she's feeling:

For My Dear...

"Maybe I'm singing this song because
I can't say the words I want to say the most."

"Maybe I've come to like this person because
I can't hear the words I want to hear the most."

HOPE or PAIN

"Though I know very well
A miracle will never happen"

Days

"I've known for a long time that you have someone precious [...]
I expect nothing special from you
Can I stay loving you forever
Just like this?"

Curtain call

"Even now, I can't say well
The only word
That I want to say most"

I like it, because they kinda express the same feelings,and they're like connected.

Am i making sense XD?