Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR ~24th Anniversary special @PIA ARENA MM~
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2022, 06:09 PM
Dolls Initiate

I kinda want to let my thoughts out, sorry if I sound harsh.

Spoiler:

I am watching right now, maybe it's just the poor quality of the stream but her vocal is so much louder than the music, kinda like it's a separate track, it doesn't blend well with the music.

A song for xx / microphone / 1 love felt weak, they are usually very powerful, 1 love had some lagging so I had to skip it.

I was looking forward to 'don't leave me alone' but she butchered the song, it was hard to listen to. She also mistook the lyrics few times, I just wanted it to be over.

Trickstar had an awesome moment but wasn't that great from beginning to end, it felt like three different style interludes mixed together.

Party queen looked great, I'm always worried about the cute sections being too cheesy but this one was kinda mature cute. The vocal wasn't that bad, same with Depend on you and Honey, I was positively surprised but also my expectations were very low for the cute section. Although her standing in the same spot and not moving for three songs was kinda boring.

By this point I must say camera work is horrible (sound as well), I think I'll rewatch it when it's released on dvd because right now it clouds my judgement.

Hope or Pain was a weird recreation of the 2009 version and made me want to play the "original" performance, Green was so weird in Hope or Pain dress, I'd honestly prefer her to make it original or at least plain simple than make it a cheap copy of those performances. The dress itself is ok, maybe of she at least let go of that hair/hat for Green, the costume just seemed out of place to me.

Scar had the best vocal so far I think.

Til now every concert made me feel sth, most were extremally emotional to me, in each I have found sth I loved, I think this is the first time I feel nothing (but I will rewatch it in good quality and see how it changes things).

I'm really surprised she wants to go abroad with this setlist.

Poker face, I liked it, it was fresh too see it performed in mature outfit and without the cute dance. Best performance so far.

too late didnt do anything for me, from your letter had bad vocals I wish she sang it in some earlier tours as its a pleasant song, Hana was the best out of the three

Free & easy had bad beginning but not so bad chorus but sth felt off, I really want to blame it on poor quality stream and bad camera work which I'll do for now

The flow of the concert just feels off

I liked the transition from Last Supper on screen to Ourselves table. I really like this version of Ourselves, I have seen it live during chapter 3 of Just the beginning so it's sentimental to me and generally good idea with arrangement and visuals so I'm glad she repeated it, vocal wise it was also good. Kinda wish Flower came with it, they just go well together.

I like Nonfiction, not crazy about it as a song but as part of this particular show it was a breath of fresh air (together with Poker Face) while the rest had the "seen it many times" feeling.

The talk Kishidan gave made me more excited than anything that happened so far.

ONC was fun and vocals were good, I don't think it was chaotic, I like that it was different from the 2012 performance.

I skipped B&G and a little bit of Who (beginning) but Who sounds good.

I have mixed feelings, definitely need to watch it when it gets released in good quality with better camera angles.