Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki 「WORDS」
View Single Post
Old 7th September 2017, 08:10 AM
I am... Initiate

I don't know why the song reminds me of crossroad. It's not similar, but it has a very "Ayu" feel.
I like it. ^^ But two of my favourite songs are It was and Life, so I have a kind of softness for these kind of, how I like to call them, little songs.

This is Ayu. Instead of fighting it, I came to think I should embrace it.
Endless sorrow and Heartplace as rock songs with strings felt really fresh back then, but since then it feels like every other rock-ish song includes strings.
There're artists who start feeling stale even only on their second album, or whose style hasn't changed much since their debut. Imagine a J-Rock band with a violinist - every song of them would be rock with strings. So instead of sighing or eye-rolling over rock song with strings No.736 or mid-tempo ballad with piano and strings No.1437, I should accept that there're things she likes and that she found her style. Her most exciting era has long past.

With Ayu possibly being on the verge of losing her hearing completely and subsequently resigning from singing, I'll take even the most boring songs if that means she'll continue singing.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」