Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~FIVE~ II
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~FIVE~ II
View Single Post
Old 19th September 2011, 12:38 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
I gotta say... sure the sales are stable, but they are stably low. I'll be surprised when FIVE starts to equal Love songs. 174k is not that much at all...
You do realize that EPs sell much less than albums usually? And FIVE is even shorter than most EPs are, it's almost single lenght. Her last EP sold around 50% of the album before and FIVE sold more than 50% of Love Songs now already and almost twice as much as her latest singles(and it is pretty much a long single, but one that is marketed towards casual fans and people new to Ayumi, not longtime fans)
And the overall sales won't reach those of Love Songs but the weekly sales of week #3 will probably equal the weekly sales Love Songs had that week(might even be higher) and the weeks after may be able to achieve the same thing.
Most people expected this to sell around 100k copies, it sold those in 4 days and will probably reach 200k in the end.

Last edited by isthisLOL?; 19th September 2011 at 12:41 PM.