Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Ayu to perform/take part in a-nation stadium fes. in August
View Single Post
Old 31st August 2015, 04:22 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
Uh no she doesn't? lol Kuu is leagues ahead of Ayu as a vocalist but I'd rather not get into that. Ayu is deaf in a ear as we all know so the comparison isn't very fair. Not really sure why you mentioned Kumi when that poster didn't mention her at all. And yes SONGS was deffo edited but it's NOT JUST for Ayu! A lot of the TV shows these days have started editing vocals unfortunately. MUSIC FAIR for example is another one.
No.
If you think that kuu sounded better than ayu in this a-nation, at least in Osaka (because I didn't see kuu's tokyo date), then I have nothing more to add, there's nothing to get into as well.
There are occasions that even ayu sings better than kuu, despite of kuu's vocals, just because in these incidents, she controls her vocals better and she doesn't sound strained and breathey, like kuu did on osaka's a-nation. kuu's vocals were a disaster that made ayu's vocals sound like heaven at least comparing to ayu's yesterday show. kuu was leagues bellow ayu this time vocally.

I think that some recent lives proved that ayu can be as good or better vocalist as kuu and that kuu can be bad or worse as/than ayu.

As someone who also likes kuu I always thought as kuu as a great vocalist like she can do no wrong at least in that department there, but not this time and even if kuu is known for her vocals, for singing good or have good technics, she still can do wrong, and ayu as much as she is not known for being a vocalist, can still sing better at times. Like yesterday for example.
Also if ayu can sing really well, the way she sings when she sings well, the deaf is 1 ear is not a hardship for singing for her anymore, as she trained a lot to sing well and control everything while singing even if she hears with only 1 ear.

But despite all that, if you are rushing away with sentences like "it's a fact that kuu is always a better vocalist than ayu", then you will never admit that ayu can do better at times on this department (even if it's a fact that she actually can), and thus of course there's nothing to get into in here.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 31st August 2015 at 04:58 PM.