Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album (January 2023)
View Single Post
Old 7th April 2022, 02:52 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I mean, initially we were all under the impression that she was going sing it at the CDL but since that was cancelled, she uploaded the instrumental as a "treat" / "teaser".
However, she did include the whole song (sung by the choir) in MfL Return, which leads me to believe it was never more than that. If it was going to be a proper Ayu song, then why didn't she sing it there? After all, it seemed very important to her to showcase it during the Music for Life show. It's not like there wasn't enough time to finish it either.

It seems more like it's one of those concert 'filler songs' to me. She's had several full non-Ayu songs as interludes, so this wouldn't be too far off.

You never know with Ayu, but in my opinion it wouldn't really make sense to turn this into a proper song about a year and a half later (after showing an instrumetal & choir version). That would have to be the weirdest roll-out for a song, ever.

One more thing: I actually like the instrumental and wouldn't be opposed to hearing a version with Ayu singing on it – I just don't think it's gonna happen.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th April 2022 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Correcting typo #4646